Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Anybody use track bite, tire compound softener?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody use track bite, tire compound softener?

A buddy of mine gave me some of his to try out at the track. He says this **** works great. I've heard its illegal to use at most sanctioned events, but I just want it to hook better at our local track(no rules or regulations). I'll be doing a test with it after I get the Eaton in and will post the results. I've already ordered a gallon of it, so I hope it does the job!
Old 12-25-2004, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

What kind of tires are you putting that on? I used Hotlap on my oval track car all the time. Some of the softeners will kill a tire after a couple of heat cycles.You may want to stay away from this stuff, especially on a street radial.
Old 12-25-2004, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mattrem
What kind of tires are you putting that on? I used Hotlap on my oval track car all the time. Some of the softeners will kill a tire after a couple of heat cycles.You may want to stay away from this stuff, especially on a street radial.
This would be going on my BF Goodrich Street slicks. I'm actually trying to kill these things so I'll have a reason to get the new Mickeys.
Old 12-25-2004, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

Then soak the hell out of them, I know that drying time was big for me so that the softener would last the whole race, I don't know how it is going to effect a couple of passes at the track. It may be slick on the second or third heat cycle. At the end of a race after a caution the oval track car was a handful for a couple of laps until they got hot again. Is that stuff made by VP?