Truck of the Quarter Performance Trucks TOTQ Winners (former TOTM winners as well)

September '09 TOTM: Chevy Cowboy

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 01:01 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default September '09 TOTM: Chevy Cowboy

Chevy Cowboy
First of all thanks for the nominations guys, there’s a lot of other trucks on here that deserved the nomination just as much if not more then I, if it wasn’t for you guys my truck wouldn’t be anything like it is today, and I wouldn’t receive half the comments from random strangers about the truck, so thanks guys for giving me so much suggestions and teaching me so much!!
Well what can I say other then the truck has come a long way since I first purchased it back in spring 2007. When I first bought my truck it was a plane jane 2000 Silverado Z71 that was old manned out to the max (chrome running tubes, mud flaps, bug deflectors, etc)

Within the first week I removed the old man package and started planning a comprehensive list of modifications for the truck. Which included 6 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift and 38s, arrival blue paint and 03+ front clip, and basically nothing on the performance side. It basically would of blended in with every other truck around here, except the fact that it was debadged. A few months after the modding slowly began, a lot slower then I would of liked because I wanted to get it paid off first, but thanks to guys like Beastmode he was kind enough to give me the body lift off his old truck for free which got me to the point of no return ( once you start modding you cant stop)

The next spring I finally got the truck paid off and purchased some 35" toyo mud terrains and had lots of fun with them, going off roading, anything from some mild rock crawling, to trails, to tons of mud

But I slowly realized that the perfomance side was terrible with big tires, and also beating the crap out of a truck this new was somehow wrong. So I took a step back and thought, "What do I really want out of this truck?" After a while I realized, I don’t only want it to look good, I want to kill some imports while I’m at it. So over the winter I pieced together a Silverado SS front clip which I always wanted since day 1, ordered some LLP headers to start the performance bug, ordered 4 stingray III’s, and 285/50/20s grabber UHP tires . After waiting for well over a month for my tires I bit the bullet and sent the truck and the new front clip out for paint. Which included full colour change, including door jams, and inner panels, new rockers, cab corners, and some random spot repairs.

After 2 loooooong weeks of not having my truck...or any transportation at all for that matter I got the truck back and was very very pleased with the outcome

About 2 weeks after my truck was painted, over 2 months from the original order date!!! I got my centerline stingray IIIs and wasted no time putting these on and removing the body lift and rear lift block

Though I still have yet to install my 2 inch drop shackles the truck has finally made it to where I want it in the looks department, but I did kill 2 birds with one stone because the power and handling is so much better since I got rid of the lift and 35s.
The interior needed a little bit of work so I did a few painted peices and leather 12 way seats and full center console which got it to where I wanted it

But even with my finances pretty well drained I still had to get one more thing to hold me over. I drove 2.5 hours last weekend to pick up my 2005 LQ4 with 80.000 kms on it. The plans for this is ls7 intake and l92 heads, forged 408 rotating assembly and a front mount turbo sometime down the road. All this leaves me to where I sit today, with a very beautiful looking and sounding truck that wasn’t the same truck in anyway just 2 months ago, now its awaiting its 408 swap, which the engine will be getting done over the winter.
Now for the mod List
Appearance
2004 Silverado front clip
SS front bumper
SS front grille
H.I.D. Low beams, high beams, and fog lights
Colour matched handles
Window tint
20” stingray IIIs
Decranked torsion bars
Rear lift block removal
Debadged
PerformanceTrucks.net sticker of course

Interior
12way power adjustable leather captain seats
Full center console
Smoothed and painted black dash bezel, switch bezel, and door handle bezel
C.B. radio
Performance
LLP long tube headers
ORY
3” dumped exhaust system
Waiting to be Installed Mods
2” drop shackles
Por15 for frame

Well I think thats about it, don’t think I forgot anything or anyone. Special thanks going out to Beastmode, 95 Bright teal, and anyone else I may have unfortunately forgot to include. Good luck to all the other candidates and thanks to everyone else for everything!

ChevyCowboy- Zach
Old 09-02-2009, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!
Old 09-02-2009, 06:26 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, good race, clean kill!
Old 09-02-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice truck and congrats!!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice ride!
Old 09-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!

thanks for all the comments guys, never thought Id ever get totm!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 03:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

congrats, well deserved win
Old 09-03-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 09-03-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

congrats ur truck has come a long way...

Last edited by JakeBrakeIH; 09-03-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by shakesvho
Yep, well deserved Zach!

Quick Reply: September '09 TOTM: Chevy Cowboy