Notices
Classic Trucks '47-'98 GM Trucks - Performance | Conversions | General Discussion

Found a company that sells 88-98 Rear Step Shaver Kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found a company that sells 88-98 Rear Step Shaver Kits

Okay so I found this company, they're called Aero Composites, but I noticed two things immediately that I didn't like:
1. Their website is garbage, as in the home page doesn't match the styling of the rest of the site, as well as other mistakes (I could just be critical because I'm a web designer) that make them seem unprofessional.
2. They don't have a phone number to contact them or even an email, you have to do everything through their contact form.

I had been searching for one of these kits for a while so I went ahead and bought it. Before I ordered, I contacted them through the form...Here's where the problems start...I initially sent it on Thursday night, and on Friday night I still hadn't heard anything...so I sent another saying the same thing just to make sure they got it or hadn't over looked me. I didn't get a message until late monday night saying they had them and they were still available, etc, etc. So, I paid them through paypal, and I was told it would ship by thursday, so I said great!! Thursday afternoon rolled around and I hadn't heard anything so I sent them another message asking if it would be shipped that day, and actually got a reply in about 40 minutes saying it would be monday....I'm glad I had to ask to find out.

-So, I waited some more, and Monday rolled around and Monday around 1, once again I still hadn't heard anything....so I sent another email asking if it would be shipped that day.

-By 7pm I still didn't have a reply so I sent another asking if it had been shipped.

-Tuesday at 11am I hadn't gotten a reply so I sent another message saying I was still waiting for a reply.

-Tuesday at 4pm I still hadn't heard anything, so two missed shipping dates and now I'm not getting a reply....So I sent a message saying if I didn't hear back I'd be filing a dispute on paypal.

-So on Tuesday at 10pm...after hours much? I get a reply that only says:
"I told you we make them to order"....No apology? No new ship date? wtf?

-So I write back: "I was also told that they would originally be shipped on Thursday, then on Monday. If something changes on the schedule then the customer should be contacted. It's just good business." I thought he would write back since he had just emailed me, but nope....

-Yesterday I sent "When will it be shipped for real then?"

-So today I still hadn't gotten a reply so I sent two messages:
"Can you please email me back?" at 2pm

and...

"I'm losing my patience with you guys. I understand that you make them to order, but I've been told 2 different ship dates and neither one of them was kept, and now I can't even get you to write me back with a real shipping date. I'm sick of this awful customer service. If I don't have a tracking # by noon on Saturday then I will be filing a dispute with Paypal, and I'll be sure to tell everyone that gets on my forums, to stay the hell away from your company. You've got 42 hours."

Moderators, I'm posting the link, not for advertisement but for people to beware. I'll let you guys know how this ends, but it's not looking good which sucks because I really wanted those rear step deletes, but I'm not going to get ripped off.

Here's the link:
www. shop. webuild2order .com/88-98-Chevy-Step-Shaver-3-Pz-Kit-Roll-Pan-and-2-sides-01-104.htm[/url]

The guy also had this link in his email signature:
www. carbonfiberwrapping .com

Last edited by trever1t; 04-29-2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: links broken
Old 04-29-2011, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that sucks. go to the site and click about us at very bottom and read about the awesome customer service they have
Old 04-29-2011, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BadAssChevy327
that sucks. go to the site and click about us at very bottom and read about the awesome customer service they have
Yeah I saw that....I checked over their site really good before i bought it...They're a bunch of liars...I mean how long does it take to write an email back?
Old 04-29-2011, 08:01 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whatever your intentions, linking isn't permitted. You can post them as I have edited, broken.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:21 PM
Teching In

I woke up Thursday morning and they were on my door step. They look great, so if you're needing a set I'd suggest them, just don't expect good, or even decent customer service lol.